2 x Lunchtime Supervisors Required at Veritas Primary Academy
Post: Lunchtime Supervisor
Hours: 10 hours per week, (Term time only), 11.30am-1.30pm daily
Salary: National Living Wage
Veritas Primary Academy is a two form entry school for children aged 4 to 11 years old that opened its doors in September 2015. We are a very friendly school where children are encouraged to become confident, caring and articulate and to use their abilities to the full. We aim to provide a calm and happy atmosphere and set high standards of respect, courtesy, hard work and achievement for all children and adults.
We are seeking to appoint a new member of staff to join our lunchtime team. Potential candidates should have experience working in an education setting and a relevant childcare qualification would be desirable.
An outline of the job role includes:
- Setting up the hall for lunchtime dining this includes putting out tables, cutlery, cups etc.
- Supervising pupils at mealtimes – encouraging children to eat healthily, helping infants to open packaging or cut up food, and providing some social and educational training, such as good table manners.
- Cleaning up spillages, and helping to clean tables and clear the dining area.
- Maintaining order, cautioning children who misbehave and reporting unresolved problems to a class teacher or senior leader.
- Candidates should also:
- Have a flexible approach to working
- Have experience of working in a school lunchtime role
- Work well within a team
- Display initiative and ability to work independently
- Be enthusiastic and dynamic
- Be reliable with a sense of commitment
- Ability to deal in a calm and confident manner with behavioural issues
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety standards within a school setting, particularly security
- A willingness to promote the ethos of the school
You will be joining REAch2 Academy Trust, a national family of primary academies committed to raising standards and achieving excellence for all pupils, whatever their background or circumstance. The Trust provides a strong culture of collaboration and support, together with high expectations for staff and pupils alike.
If you feel that you would like to be part of a growing school in Stafford that is committed to excellence we would like to hear from you.
Application packs can be found below. Completed applications should be sent to Lucy Henderson, Business Manager by email- email@example.com
Closing Date: Friday 30th August 2019
Interview Date: w/c 9th September 2019
LSA Job Description and Person Spec
Veritas Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This position is subject to an enhanced DBS Check and satisfactory written references