Teaching Assistant 1-1 (KS2) Required at Veritas Primary Academy
Post: Teaching Assistant 1-1
Hours: 25 hours per week, Term time only
Salary: NJC Spinal Point 4
Start Date: September 2019
Contract Type: Fixed Term, dependent on funding received
Veritas Primary Academy is a two form entry school for children aged 4 to 11 years old that opened its doors in September 2015. We are a very friendly school where children are encouraged to become confident, caring and articulate and to use their abilities to the full. We aim to provide a calm and happy atmosphere and set high standards of respect, courtesy, hard work and achievement for all children and adults.
We are part of the REAch2 Academy Trust family and foster close links with other schools throughout the Trust aiming to share resources, facilities and expertise to ensure the best teaching and learning possible.
We are seeking to appoint a new member of staff to join our dynamic team of committed Teaching Assistants to assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil to whom you are assigned, to enable him/her to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them. We would like to hear from anyone who feels they can motivate, inspire and challenge an assigned pupil to achieve their very best and want to be a memorable chapter of a child’s learning story.
Potential candidates should have an NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant childcare qualification and ideally have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs.
Candidates should also have the following skills and abilities:
- Have the ability to adapt activities to engage an interest
- Use praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
- Liaise with the class teacher, SENCO and other professionals about individual Learning plans, contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate
- Consistently and effectively implement agreed behaviour management strategies
- Help to make appropriate resources to support the pupil
- Establish supportive relationships with the pupil concerned
- Promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner
- Support the pupil in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom
- Provide regular feedback on the pupil’s learning and behaviour to the teacher/SENCO, including feedback on the effectiveness of the behaviour strategies adopted
The following personal attributes are desirable:
- Have a flexible approach to working
- Have experience of working in Key Stage 2
- Work well within a team
- Display initiative and ability to work independently
- Be enthusiastic and dynamic
- Be reliable with a sense of commitment
- Have a calm and patient manner
Application packs can be found on our school website www.veritasprimaryacademy.com Completed application forms should be returned to Lucy Henderson, Business Manager by email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 30th August 2019
Interview Date: w/c 9th September 2019
Veritas Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.