1:1 Teaching Assistant
Post: 1:1 Teaching Assistant
Hours: 15 hours per week, Term time only (38 weeks plus 5 Inset Days)
Salary: NJC Spinal Point 4 (actual salary £6,396 p/a)
Start Date: April 2020
Contract Type: Fixed Term, dependent on funding received for the pupil
Veritas Primary Academy is a two form entry school for children aged 4 to 11 years old that opened its doors in September 2015. We are a very friendly school where children are encouraged to become confident, caring and articulate and to use their abilities to the full. We aim to provide a calm and happy atmosphere and set high standards of respect, courtesy, hard work and achievement for all children and adults.
We are part of the REAch2 Academy Trust family and foster close links with other schools throughout the Trust aiming to share resources, facilities and expertise to ensure the best teaching and learning possible.
We are seeking to appoint a new member of staff to join our dynamic team of committed Teaching Assistants to assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil to whom you are assigned, to enable him/her to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them. We would like to hear from anyone who feels they can motivate, inspire and challenge an assigned pupil to achieve their very best and want to be a memorable chapter of a child’s learning story.
Potential candidates should have an NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant childcare qualification and ideally have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs.
Candidates should also:
- Have a flexible approach to working
- Have experience of working in Key Stage 1
- Works well within a team
- Displays initiative and ability to work independently
- Is enthusiastic and dynamic
- Be reliable with a sense of commitment
- Have a calm and patient manner
- Ability to adapt activities to engage an interest
- Use praise, commentary and assistance to encourage the pupil to concentrate and stay on task
- Liaising with the class teacher, SENCO and other professionals about individual Learning plans, contributing to the planning and delivery as appropriate
- Helping to make appropriate resources to support the pupil
- To establish supportive relationships with the pupil concerned
- To promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner
- To support the pupil in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom
- To provide regular feedback on the pupil’s learning to the teacher/SENCO
Application packs can be found below and should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 20th March 2020
Interview Date: Week Commencing 24th March 2020
Veritas Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.